Marine Biologist Position – Poste de Biologiste marin
As a Marine Biologist, your scope of work will include:
Marine Biologist Guest Activities
- Conducting guided snorkelling trips and dolphin watch cruises for guests;
- Conducting marine life briefing and debriefing with divers and snorkelers;
- Carry out marine life presentations and updating them based on researched information;
- Updating snorkelling site descriptions.
- Producing daily, weekly, and monthly reports on Project activities;
- Weekly updates and photos for use on the Marine Savers website.
- Coordinating and assisting with any and all environmental protection activities and projects;
- Attending and presenting at local seminars;
- Training, teaching and organising our apprentices, interns and volunteers;
- Collecting data on local marine life and completing relevant data entry;
- Assisting with fish breeding programme;
- Assisting with coral propagation programme;
- Assisting with turtle rehabilitation programme;
- Ad hoc duties as and when required, as decided by the MDC Manager.
Working with Four Seasons
- Employees are required to follow the Four Seasons ‘Service and Culture Standards’, a copy of which will be provided upon selection for the position (and prior to your acceptance).
- Participate in any Four Season resort staff training sessions as required.
- Explain and promote the projects carried out by Seamarc and Four Seasons to visiting journalists and tour operators (organised by Four Seasons public relations department).
- Additional projects and responsibilities may be added in time.
Salary and benefits
- The salary for this position is $1000 USD per month plus commission.
- Return flights from the applicant’s point of relocation.
- 40 days annual leave and one day off per week.
- Basic DAN dive insurance (sports diver bronze).
- Friends and family discount at Four Seasons, Maldives.
- One return flight every six months of your employment contract from Male to a regional hub.
- Two-share accommodation, with A/C, fan and TV.
- Three meals a day in the staff canteen.
Location: Maldives, Marine Discovery Centre at Landaa Giraavaru
Websites www.seamarc.com ; www.marinesavers.com ; www.facebook.com/MarineSavers
Type: Full Time, Contract
Deadline: 20th September 2015
Contact: Sebastien Stradal, Manager, Marine Discovery Centre at Landaa Giraavaru